We’ve all got them – those family favorite recipes that you just have to make every holiday season.
Growing up, I can’t remember a year where we didn’t make Apple Crisp some time around Thanksgiving. It’s the perfect delicious and comforting dessert, which also happens to be quite easy to make.
- 4 medium (or 3 large) apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup flour (I used almond flour)*
- 1 cup regular oats
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon + 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons granular sugar
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place apples in a greased 8×8 baking dish, and sprinkle with granular sugar and 1/2 tsp cinnamon.
In a separate bowl, mix together the melted butter and brown sugar, then add the oats and flour.
Spread topping on the apples and bake for 28-30 minutes.
* I was really excited that using almond flour in this recipe turned out well! White flour and oat flour work great too. You can use the flour of your choice.
One of the best things about this recipe is that you don’t have to (and shouldn’t) wait for it to cool before digging in ? Don’t forget the vanilla ice cream!