This is the only recipe for classic, hearty Slow Cooker Chili you’ll ever need! It’s perfect for making on a Sunday to last you all week long.
It has been ungodly cold in New York over the past few days and looks like it’s not ending any time soon, so when I put this week’s meal plan together CHILI was the first thing to came to mind. It’s the ultimate comfort food, no?
I love making chili in the slow cooker because you can “set it and forgot it,” but it also gives it so much flavor and richness. This recipe is pretty standard, except for the addition of a teeny tiny secret ingredient that makes a delicious difference.
Classic & Hearty Slow Cooker Chili
- 2 pounds organic, grass-fed ground beef (I used 80/20 but you could use leaner/fattier if you’d like)
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 16oz can organic red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 16oz can organic white cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 28oz can organic diced tomatoes, not drained
- 1/4 cup organic tomato paste
- 2 1/2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- In a large stovetop pan sautee the onion in olive oil until translucent. Add in the ground beef and cook until beef is browned.
- Add the onion & beef mixture to the slow cooker along with the rest of the ingredients and combine well.
- Cook on high heat for 3-4 hours or low heat for 6-8 hours, depending on your slow cooker’s settings.
- Add whatever toppings you’d like! Tortilla chips, avocado, cheese, sour cream, fresh herbs, etc.
I love loading up a baked (regular or sweet) potato with the chili + alllll the toppings.
*insert heart eyes emoji*
As always, if you make this Slow Cooker Chili or any of my other recipes, I’d love to see how they turn out! Be sure to tag me on Instagram @Hungry.blonde 🙂 xoxo GG
You might also like:
Spicy Parmesan Garlic Lentil Pasta
Vegetarian Chili Mac & Cheese
Skinny Bacon Mac & Cheese
Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Dip
Baked Potato Avocado Bites
Balsamic Maple Bacon Brussels Sprouts