With Thanksgiving around the corner and a (first-ever) Friendsgiving that I’m hosting coming up soon, I figured it was the perfect opportunity to make a Thanksgiving-inspired version of Cake Batter Blondies. Since I already tackled a pumpkin version, my mind wandered to blondies inspired by another classic pie…
I have to say – I think this may be my favorite version of CBB’s yet! There’s an added crunch from the pecans and ooey gooeyness from butterscotch chips. Here’s what you’ll need to make ’em.
- 1 box yellow cake mix *
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- a splash – 1/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup pecans, crushed
- 3/4 cup butterscotch chips
- caramel sauce for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the cake mix, pecans and butterscotch chips in a large bowl, then mix in the oil and egg.
- Add as little milk as possible slowly just until the batter is combined – you want the batter to remain as dense as possible!!!
- Place batter in a greased 8×8 pan or 8-inch cake pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes or just until the edges turn golden. Do NOT over-bake – it’s better to err on the side of under-baked (trust me).
- Let cool for 20 minutes before cutting because the gooey center needs to set. The result will be a decadent, cake-batter texture.
- Before serving, drizzle with some caramel sauce.
* My favorite brand has always been Betty Crocker SuperMoist Yellow Cake Mix. It turns out to be the best texture and cake batter-y flavor!
If you’re looking for a delicious and non-traditional way to impress your Friendsgiving guests…you’re welcome 😉 And if you make any of my Cake Batter Blondies, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @Hungry.Blonde!