Oh yes. I went there.
Clearly these are for my chocolate lovers out there. Here’s how to make ’em!
- 1 box yellow cake mix *
- 1/2 cup Nutella, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- a splash – 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional mix-in)
- chocolate sprinkles (optional for topping)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the cake mix and sprinkles in a large bowl, then mix in the oil and egg.
- Add as little milk as possible slowly just until the batter is combined – you want the batter to remain as dense as possible!!!
- Place batter in a greased 8×8 pan or 8-inch cake pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes or just until the edges turn golden. Do NOT over-bake – it’s better to err on the side of under-baked (trust me).
- Let cool for 20 minutes before cutting because the gooey center needs to set. The result will be a decadent, cake-batter texture.
* My favorite brand has always been Betty Crocker SuperMoist Yellow Cake Mix. It turns out to be the best texture and cake batter-y flavor!
Don’t forget to tag me @Hungry.Blonde if you make any of my Cake Batter recipes – would love to see how yours turn out!