The Christmas countdown continues! Last week I brought you Red Velvet Cake Batter Brownies, and as promised here is the super simple recipe for Mint Chocolate Chip Cake Batter Blondies…guaranteed to be a crowd-pleasing contribution to your holiday baking lineup 😉
Here’s how to make them:
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp – 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- a few generous drops of green food coloring
- chocolate sprinkles for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the cake mix and chocolate chips in a large bowl, then mix in the oil and egg.
- Add as little milk as possible slowly just until the batter is combined – you want the batter to remain as dense as possible!!!
- Add the peppermint extract and green food coloring. Mix well.
- Place batter in a greased 8×8 pan or 8-inch cake pan. Bake for 26-29 minutes or just until the edges turn golden. Do NOT over-bake – it’s better to err on the side of under-baked (trust me).
- Let cool for 20 minutes before cutting because the gooey center needs to set. The result will be a decadent, cake-batter texture.
* My favorite brand has always been Betty Crocker SuperMoist Yellow Cake Mix. It turns out to be the best texture and cake batter-y flavor!