While I’ve never been one to be able to stick to a low carb lifestyle long term, after an indulgent weekend it does sometimes feel nice to cut back on the carbs just a tad.
But who says that has to mean sticking to (boring) meat and vegetables? I’ve found that so many favorites can be re-created in low carb form, like this simple pizza recipe.
LOW CARB PIZZA CRUST – makes 1 personal size pizza
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 flax “eggs” (directions here)
- splash of almond milk (if necessary)
- salt, pepper, and spices of your choice to taste
- toppings of choice. I used plain tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, and pesto
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
Make flax eggs and let them set for a minute.
In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients.
Transfer dough to the cookie sheet and form into crust.
Bake 20 minutes at 350.
Add toppings of your choice.
Bake for another 5 minutes.