These Loaded Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies are a variation of a recipe I’ve been making around the holidays for 5+ years. I can’t believe I haven’t shared them with you yet!
They’re super hearty, loaded with delicious mix-ins, and super soft and chewy thanks to all that peanut butter 😉 Here’s how to make them.
Loaded Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups creamy or chunky peanut butter (I use creamy)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 5 1/2 cups oats (can use old-fashioned or quick)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup m&ms
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, mix together the butter, brown sugar, white sugar and peanut butter until well combined.
- Stir in the eggs, then the vanilla, then the baking soda.
- Stir in the oats 2 cups at a time. Then lastly stir in all of the m&ms and chocolate chips.
- Cover the bowl and let the dough chill for at least an hour (this is a super annoying step, I know!).
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Form golf ball-sized cookies then flatten a bit onto parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Really keep an eye on them because they can burn easily (and I personally always err on the side of “underdone” cookies).
- Let cool on a cooling rack for at least 20 minutes – they can come out a bit crumbly so need time to set.
Ohhhh baby. That’s the stuff.
You may or may not have noticed, but these cookies also happen to be gluten free! You can also use any mix-ins you like – sub in dark chocolate chips, nuts, or even other candies. I’ve also made these with chunky peanut butter, which is delicious, but I lean toward smooth.
As always, if you make these or any of my other recipes I’d love to see how they turned out! Be sure to tag me on Instagram @Hungry.Blonde 🙂 xoxo GG
You might also like:
Chocolate Coconut Peanut Butter Fudge Cups
Chocolate Covered Coconut Bars (“Clean” Mounds Bars)
Flourless Chocolate Cake
Original Cake Batter Blondies
Samoa Cake Batter Blondies
Nutella Cake Batter Brownies
Reese’s Pieces Cookie Bars