Oh yeah, that’s the stuff.
As I’ve mentioned before, I love cooking with Banza because it’s gluten free, high in fiber and protein (AKA super filling), and lower in calories than regular pasta. Oh, and did I mention delicious? I love the flavor and hearty texture.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1/2 of an onion, diced
- 2 gloves garlic, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 packet chili seasoning mix
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 can black beans
- 3/4 cup corn (I used frozen)
- 1 small can diced green chilis
- 2 boxes Banza Deluxe Mac & Cheese
- optional toppings: fresh parsley, sour cream
- Heat a large nonstick pan to medium and sauté the garlic, onion, and peppers with olive oil until soft.
- Add in the diced tomato, beans, corn, green chilis, and chili mix. Combine everything and let it cook through for 8-10 minutes.
- Prepare the Banza macaroni and cheese as directed on the box.
- Add the macaroni and cheese to the chili mixture and combine well.
- Add toppings of your choice!
Ummmm can you say comfort food? You can easily add even more protein to this with ground beef, ground beef, or ground turkey.