I’ve been on a serious no baking required treats kick lately. I do love me some baked goods, but in an attempt to satisfy my daily dessert habit with homemade treats (rather than packaged ones), recipes that have no baking required are just much more simple and convenient. Enter: these Grain-Free Chocolate Covered Shortbread Cookie Dough Balls.
Grain-Free Chocolate Covered Shortbread Cookie Dough Balls
Grain & gluten free, no baking required, low in sugar, Paleo-friendly
Recipe adapted from RachlMansfield.com Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup nut butter of choice
- 2 tbsp honey
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips (I used dairy-free Enjoy Life)
- In a large bowl combine the almond flour and coconut flour. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl whisk together coconut oil, nut butter and honey.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and combine well.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes to let the dough harden.
- Roll dough into 11-12 balls and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Freeze for another 10 minutes.
- Melt chocolate chips in a stovetop pot/pan, then transfer to a bowl to let cool.
- Roll the cookie dough balls in the melted chocolate and place back on the parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Freeze for at least 20 more minutes before eating, and keep stored in refrigerator.
I love these Grain-Free Chocolate Covered Shortbread Cookie Dough Balls SO MUCH. They’re such a perfect treat and store great in the freezer for that daily sweet tooth fix.
You could also get creative and add more fun toppings before the chocolate hardens like shredded coconut, crushed nuts, sprinkles, etc.