According to the meme world, girls go absolutely insane for chicken nuggets. It’s almost as if we’re all the same, hungry/extra/needy creatures….
I am here to tell you that that is in fact the truth.
I actually can’t believe how delicious these GRAIN-FREE Chicken Nuggets turned out! Unlike my Grain-Free Chicken Tenders, which have a bit of a nuttier/healthier taste, these babies taste ridiculously close to the real thing…almost reminiscent of Chick-Fil-A.
Here’s how to make them.
Grain-Free Chicken Nuggets (Paleo, Keto & Whole30 Approved)
- 2 lbs organic chicken breast
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 2 tsp Nutritional Yeast *
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup (or more, as needed) ghee or coconut oil
* You could omit the Nutritional Yeast, but I find it adds a delicious and unique, almost cheesy flavor to the nuggets.
- Rinse and pat dry the chicken. Cut into 2 inch pieces/cubes.
- Beat the eggs in a shallow bowl and set aside.
- In another large shallow bowl, combine the coconut flour and seasonings.
- Dip the chicken pieces first in the egg, then into the breading mixture and coat well.
- Heat a large stovetop pan to medium heat and add the ghee or coconut oil.
- Cook the chicken nuggets 3-4 minutes per side until they’re golden brown. Add more ghee/coconut oil as needed – you want the nuggets to get nice and crispy on the outside.
This recipe makes a pretty big batch, so I store about half in the freezer. They’re perfect to pull out when you need a protein topper for something like, oh I don’t know, a cauliflower rice Power Bowl 😉
As always, if you make these Grain-Free Chicken Nuggets or any of my other recipes, I’d love to see how they turn out! Be sure to tag me on Instagram @Hungry.blonde 🙂 xoxo GG