As much as I love to bake, I’ll never become a bake from scratch snob. I’m actually a huge fan of semi-homemade baking because it can save a lot of time, money, and if done right – most people usually can’t tell the difference anyway!
I’m also quite the fan of gluten free baking. The idea of using gluten free ingredients used to make me nervous because I thought it meant sacrificing taste and texture. But over the years so many great gluten free baking products have come out that make gluten free baking not only easy but also delicious.
Enjoy Life was kind enough to send me some of their gluten free products recently, including their Vegan Gluten Free Brownie Mix. I was just about to make a regular batch of brownies (which I’m sure would have been delicious), but I was feeling creative and decided to take it up a notch. So I ran across the street to my favorite health food store and picked up just a few more ingredients – some mini marshmallows and Enjoy Life Crunch Vanilla Honey Graham Cookies. Do you see where I’m going with this? 😉
Oh yes. I went there.
Here’s what you’ll need to make these babies.
- 1 box Enjoy Life brownie mix
- 1 box Enjoy Life Crunchy Vanilla Honey Graham Cookies
- 1 package mini marshmallows
- 2 tbsp oil
- 3/4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cupcake pan with greased baking cups.
- In a large bowl, prepare the brownie mix as directed on box (all it is is 2 tbsp oil and 3/4 cup water – how easy is that?!). Set aside.
- Put a circle of the graham cookies at the bottom of each baking cup. The cookies are larger than the cups, so you’ll have to break them around the edges to make a smaller circle.
- Save the pieces you break off and crush into crumbs. They’ll be used for topping later.
- Place a generous amount of the brownie batter into each cup on top of the cookie.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove brownies and top with a handful of mini marshmallows.
- Bake for another 5-6 minutes until the marshmallows melt and just start to get golden brown on top.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and top with remaining graham cookie crumbs.
These cupcakes are pretty much everything I want in a dessert rolled into one – it’s a cupcake, a brownie, ooey-gooeyness paired with a perfect crunch.
And – if you don’t happen to eat them all in one day – these actually freeze quite well! I’d recommend wrapping each individually in plastic wrap then putting in a sealed tupperware.
If you make these for yourself, be sure to tag me on Instagram! @Hungry.Blonde and #HungryBlonde. Enjoy 😉
Please note I was not compensated for this post, only given free samples of Enjoy Life products. All opinions herein are my own! Thanks for supporting the brands that make this blog possible.