This recipe for Creamy Cauliflower & Sun-dried Tomato Pasta is sponsored by Explore Cuisine. All opinions are 100% honest & completely my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make this blog possible!
…and just like that, we’re right in the middle of the holiday season! I hope you all had a lovely Thanksgiving and are excited to go into the last month of 2017. I love the holidays for so many reasons, but my favorite reason is definitely getting to spend more time with my family. No matter what twists and turns life may take, it’s comforting to know that we’ll always come together to celebrate the holidays.
As you might expect in the family of the Hungry Blonde, we’re ALL about the food. While my mom and aunts usually handle most of the cooking, as I get older I like to step up and play my part in contributing to our family traditions. I also like to take the opportunity to make dishes with a healthier twist that my family might not try otherwise, like this recipe for Creamy Cauliflower & Sun-dried Tomato Pasta.
This pasta dish is tasty, healthy, and so easy to make! And I’m happy to report that my family definitely approved. Here’s how to make it.
- 1 box (8 oz) Explore Cuisine Chickpea Spaghetti
- 12 oz riced cauliflower *
- 1 tbsp ghee or butter
- 1/4 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, drained from liquid/oil
* You can use regular cauliflower (florets), but I like how much faster the riced cauliflower cooks. It’s also much more convenient, as most stores sell it riced now 😉
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil
- In a large stovetop pan, cook the riced cauliflower in the ghee or butter on medium heat, stirring frequently. Cook for about 10 minutes, or until it begins to turn translucent. Turn off heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the cooked cauliflower to a blender or food processor. Add spices and a little bit of the stock at a time until it reaches a smooth & creamy consistency. Pour the sauce pack into the pan you cooked the cauliflower in (no heat) and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, salt the water, and cook the Explore Cuisine Chickpea Spaghetti for 8-10 minutes.
- Drain the pasta then add it into the pan with the cauliflower sauce. Add the sun-dried tomatoes and toss everything together. Top with freshly ground black pepper.
What I love about using Explore Cuisine is that all of their products are gluten-free, vegan, non-GMO, and made with 100% organic ingredients. They’re also high in protein, fiber and iron! The Explore Cuisine Chickpea Spaghetti is perfect for this recipe because it’s nice and hearty with an almost nutty flavor that goes perfectly with the creamy cauliflower sauce.
You can also sub the sun-dried tomatoes for any vegetables or protein you’d like, and give different pasta shapes a try. This sauce is super versatile!
You can learn more about all of the Explore Cuisine product offerings on their website, Facebook & Instagram. And as always, if you make this Creamy Cauliflower & Sun-dried Tomato Pasta or any of my other recipes, I’d love to see how they turn out! Be sure to tag me on Instagram @Hungry.blonde 🙂 xoxo GG