I shared this recipe for Creamy Butternut Squash Pasta (Sauce) on Instagram last week, and you guys went CRAZY over it! The most impressions I’ve ever gotten on IG, in fact. So I figured it was a good idea to put it here on the blog for future reference 🙂
- 2 1/2 cups butternut squash, cubed
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2+ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1 tbsp butter (optional or use dairy-free)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 box pasta of choice (I used Banza chickpea spaghetti)
- Drizzle butternut squash cubes with olive oil and roast for 35 minutes at 400 degrees, flipping midway.
- When the squash is almost finished roasting, boil pasta in salted water until al dente.
- Let the squash cool for a few minutes, then put into food processor. Begin to pulse and slowly add unsweetened almond milk until it reaches a smooth consistency.
- Add nutritional yeast, butter, garlic powder, salt & pepper and blend until everything combined.
- Add drained pasta back to pot, add the sauce and mix together until well combined. Can be served with additional protein, vegetables or whatever mix-ins you’d like!
As always, if you make this Creamy Butternut Squash Pasta or any of my other recipes, I’d love to see how they turn out! Be sure to tag me on Instagram @Hungry.blonde 🙂 xoxo GG