Every once in a while, those recipes come along that you know are going to be a lifelong keeper. I like to think it’s a combination of a recipe being 1) easy to make 2) delicious 3) made with few, real ingredients 4) most importantly, a crowd-pleaser. As far as I’m concerned, these Dark Chocolate Covered Coconut Bars – or as I like to call them, Clean Mounds Bars – are exactly that.
When I first made this treat for a family reunion a few years ago, I didn’t tell my family that they were actually on the healthier side (as far as desserts go, at least). After freaking out about how delicious they were, and unanimously deciding to call them “Gracie Bars” – everyone was shocked to learn that these coconut bars are:
low in added sugar
gluten and dairy free
no baking required
include just four ingredients!
Here’s how to make them.
Dark Chocolate Covered Coconut Bars
Recipe adapted from Art And The Kitchen
- 1 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup honey
- 12 ounces Enjoy Life dark chocolate chips
- Put the coconut oil, honey & shredded coconut in a large bowl and combine well.
- Press the coconut mixture down into a parchment-lined 8×8 baking dish. Refrigerate for at least 10 minutes.
- In a separate bowl microwave the chocolate chips for 60-90 seconds (or until completely melted), stirring midway. You could also heat on the stovetop if microwaves aren’t your thing 😉
- Pour the chocolate over the coconut mixture and spread evenly.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 more minutes.
- Cut into squares and keep refrigerated.
I’m telling you – you NEED these bars in your life. I can’t tell you enough how delicious and easy they are to make. I’m sure it will become a go-to recipe of yours as well!
As always if you make these or any of my other recipes, be sure to tag me on Instagram so I can see how they turned out 🙂 xoxo GG