Ever since re-making my famous Cake Batter Blondies, I kinda sorta can’t stop. Thankfully I have my doormen to pass them off to, so I’m scoring
brownie blondie points while simultaneously avoiding the “Fall 15.” Strategy, people.
Anyway, I figured I should at least do you guys the favor of squeezing in a pumpkin variety before Halloween hits. I’m really selfless like that.
- 1 box yellow cake mix *
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 egg, beaten
- a splash – 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the cake mix, pumpkin pie spice & cinnamon in a large bowl, then mix in the oil and egg.
- Add as little milk as possible slowly just until the batter is combined – you want the batter to remain as dense as possible!!!
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Place batter in a greased 8×8 pan or 8-inch cake pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes or just until the edges turn golden. Do NOT over-bake – it’s better to err on the side of under-baked (trust me).
- Let cool for 20 minutes before cutting because the gooey center needs to set. The result will be a decadent, cake-batter texture.
* My favorite brand has always been Betty Crocker SuperMoist Yellow Cake Mix. It turns out to be the best texture and cake batter-y flavor!
As you can see from the ingredients, these aren’t that far off from the original recipe (spoiler alert – none of the varieties are). But the addition of the pumpkin allows to omit the oil, which makes these like, totally healthy, right?
Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram if you make any Cake Batter Blondies – I’d love to see how yours turned out!