When I try to cut back on carbs, it’s really important to make recipes/meals that don’t make me feel at all deprived. That’s why this is recipe is not Paleo/primal – if I’m going to decrease carbs I at least need cheese!
And oh, is there cheese.
recipe from Frank’s RedHot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 2 cups of shredded chicken (I followed this guide to poach/shred chicken)
- 8 ounces of regular cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup of ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 6 ounces of shredded cheddar cheese *
* you could use bleu cheese instead if you prefer it, or even 1/2 cheddar 1/2 bleu.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl mix together the cream cheese, ranch dressing, hot sauce, and cheese. Then add the chicken and combine well. Transfer to a (8 inch) baking dish, and bake for 20 minutes.
If you’re low-carbing it, serve with steamed broccoli, celery, or over a salad. If not, use your favorite chips or crackers for dipping.
But my favorite way to eat this? Inside of an avocado.