Considering this little concoction includes essentially just two ingredients, I can’t exactly call it a recipe (same goes for its inspiration – Sweet Potato Avocado “Toast”).
But with that being said, I can’t NOT share this with you! It’s one of my staple favorite meals because it’s just so easy to make, it’s healthy, and of course it’s delicious.
How to make:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and grease with oil or nonstick spray.
- Cut a medium or large russet potato into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Place them on the baking sheet spread apart, and spray some more nonstick spray (or drizzle of oil) on the top of them. Season with your favorite spices – I used salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and dried chives.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, flipping midway.
- In a small bowl, make your avocado “smash” by mashing 1 ripe avocado with a fork and season with salt and pepper.
- Top the potato slices with the avocado mash and dried chili flakes. You can add all sorts of other toppings too!
Eat the slices open face, or make yummy little sandwich bites. For some reason I think it tastes better in “sandwich” form 😛
Another great thing about these Baked Potato Avocado Bites is that they’re good-to-go for just about every dietary preference. They’re Paleo, Whole30, Vegan, and gluten-free!