Happy first day of DECEMBER!
There’s nothing quite like the Christmas season – all the festivities, parties, presents, ability to gain 15 pounds in a week without even trying…
I kid, I kid. Sort of 😉 It’s no secret that I love a good indulgence, but this time of year makes it way too easy to turn one treat into 20 without even realizing it. So I love coming up with delicious and not-so-guilty treats to enjoy myself and share with friends. Which led me to…
These truffles are SO easy to make, a total crowd-pleaser, and no one will even notice that they’re on the lighter side. Here’s what you’ll need to make them.
- 1 cup chocolate chips (I used dark chocolate)
- 1/2 cup full fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- optional: sugar or stevia to sweeten (I didn’t use any)
- optional: “toppings” – ideas below!
- Melt chocolate on a low heat OR microwave, stirring often.
- Let chocolate cool for at least 5 minutes, then stir in the Greek yogurt.
- Stir in the cocoa powder and whisk until as smooth as possible.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Roll mixture into little balls. I love using a melon scooper to ensure they’re all the same size. I ended up with 12.
- Add toppings of your choice! Some fun ideas: sprinkles, shredded coconut, more cocoa powder, powdered sugar, melted white chocolate, etc.
I can’t wait to double a batch of these and bring them to my friends’ upcoming holiday parties. They’re also great to have on hand when you need a little something sweet after dinner, so you can also make a batch and store them in the freezer for when your chocolate-tooth strikes.
If you make these (or any of my recipes), be sure to tag me on Instagram so I can see how it turned out!